Are you practicing proper tooth brushing habits? You should always be brushing at least twice daily and taking the time and effort to choose and care for a toothbrush that can continue to deliver the results for which it is intended. If you let your toothbrush fall into disarray, it can easily introduce harmful bacteria to your mouth, thus mitigating any positive results it can provide. Listed below are some important guidelines to follow regarding your toothbrush:
– Always ensure your toothbrush is free from contamination.
– Don’t share toothbrushes, and always store it upright in a cool, aired-out area when not in use.
– Storing toothbrushes in closed boxes for extended periods of time can increase the risk of contamination.
– When selecting a toothbrush, try to find one that can effortlessly fit in your mouth and reach all areas around your teeth and gums.
– Search for toothbrushes that have the ADA Seal of Acceptance or those that have been recommended by your dentist.
– Make sure your toothbrush has soft bristles, as stiff bristles can harm your gums.
– If you have a muscle injury or have a hard time brushing, electric toothbrushes can make the task much easier.
– Be sure to replace your toothbrush at least every three to four months, or earlier if required.
If you would like an oral exam or professional cleaning from Dr. Parampal Gill and our team here at Pelandale Dental Care, please schedule an appointment at our dental office in Modesto, California, by calling us at 209-545-9489. Let us help you take charge of your future with a healthy smile!